Thursday, October 25, 2012

Artist Spotlight: Ashley Stoddard.


Have you meet Ashley Stoddard and her jewelry carried at Hapa Collective?
 
1. A little about you: where you're from, where you are now?
 I grew up in Placerville, CA. I now live and work out of my home in Eden, Utah.
 
2. How did you get started making jewelry?
 I am the daughter of the late, world renowned sculptor Bob Bennett. I was exposed to art throughout my childhood. I attended the Academy of Art in San Francisco. I am self taught in jewelry.
 
3. What inspires your pieces?
I am inspired by God, nature, charity, people, colors, textures, and materials. The first pendant I did was for Image Reborn retreats for women with breast cancer in Park City. I was inspired by my friend Eileen, who sits on the board. I thought by making a pendant they could raise some money for the organization and also be something symbolic for all associated. That was four years ago, since then I have worked with 29 charities.
 
4. What are your favorite materials to use?
I like to use all kinds of materials. Silver, pewter, leather, and stones for my Jewelry. Oil, Acrylic, Steel, and Bronze for my fine art.
 
5. I understand you have a studio in Carmel, is that just for jewelry or are there any other crafts/arts you do?
Yes, I am involved in the family gallery there. I show my paintings and they are all originals. I have recently completed a documentary "Art and Soul", as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment