Saturday, December 29, 2012

Hapa's Artist Spotlight: Linda from Solstice Ltd.

                               Hapa’s Artist Spotlight
                                       Solstice LTD
1.      What made you start Solstice LTD?
“When I was a teenager, I use to bead with my friend and we would sell and give them to our other friends as gifts.  It wasn’t until about 10 years ago, I saw Sandra Bullock wearing this simple elegant lariat and thought...wow, I could do that.  I pulled out all my jewelry supplies and started beading; I sold a ton of them for $18.  It grew from there; I started purchasing premade charms to add to my designs.  It was fun, but was just not satisfying my creative side.  I wanted to make my own charms and pendants, so I took an Art Clay (fine silver) class … and well the rest is history."
2.       What makes your jewelry unique from other jewelry lines?
“I make every single one of my pieces, so each is a one of a kind design.  It’s like getting a little piece of art.  I have been creating my own original designs for the last 3 years.  Lately, when I've been doing trunk shows, people will come up to me and tell me they saw or purchased my jewelry from one of the stores I am in.  They recognized my design and were able to tell it was “mine” just by looking at it!  That is so rewarding.  It meant I have a signature style.”
            3.   What is the jewelry made of?
“My charms and pendants are made of Pure Silver (.999 FS) meaning there are no other alloys mixed with the silver.  I also offer my line in 24K Gold Vermeil.  The chains are either sterling silver or gold filled. “
 4.  What inspires you to make the pieces you do?            
“I love to create and I believe there are no such things as mistakes, only happy accidents.  My ultimate goal is to bring out a little of the wearer’s personality, to bring a smile to their face or even make them giggle a little.  I like to call my jewelry “Whimsically BoHo Chic.” It is light hearted, fun, yet chic.”
Thank you Linda from Solstice LTD for taking the time to do this wonderful interview!

Come get your own piece of Solstice LTD at Hapa Collective!


No comments:

Post a Comment